Friday, January 22, 2010

What day is it

After waking at 3 a.m. local time and watching two dvds it was time to get up and start our day. We had a brief discussion what day it was and experienced the full blown effects of "JET LAG". I had a cup of Folgers coffee that I brought from home. It was the best coffee ever. Then we had a lovely breakfast at the hotel. I had some bacon, eggs and french toast. I am not the adverturous type when it comes to food. Hoffman had some potatoes, steamed pumpkin and Chinese pancakes. It was very good. The high temperature today is supposed to be 25 degrees F so we added another layer of clothing after breakfast and headed to the lobby. We met Gary and headed to Tian An Men Square - a giant courtyard inside a wall. By the way did I mention the high today was 25? Inside the square is the Fobbiden City a series of gates and walls and snow covered courtyards - another outside tour. Did I mention 25 degrees and the snow was from over a month ago? The handwarmers I purchased at Academy worked well. After the beginning stages of frostbite started we headed to lunch (an indoor event). We were told it was a traditional Thai meal (Ratsamy you would have loved it). They had some dancers doing some traditional umbrella/belly dancing while we ate. Becky had her first Diet Coke in almost a day - her favorite part of the trip so far. After lunch we went to the Pearl Market. I captured an oyster with a net and "Alice" (again not her real name) harvested some pearls. There were close to 20 pearls in one oyster and we each got one as a souvenir. We purchased some items and headed to The Temple of Heaven - another outside event but I think we finally made it to 25 degrees and the Temple is beautiful. We are resting at our hotel now before dinner and a Kung Fu show. Thanks for the prayers. We are having the time of our lives."
Becky & Becky

4 comments:

Tammy D. said...

My heart is filled with joy for both of you! What an amazing experience - even before picking up your package of heaven. Stay warm. Prayers are with you.

Donna H said...

Wow, so what is the temp over there again?? Stay warm and we will continue the prayers. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Melissa said...

Have fun and stay warm! For some reason, I never thought about it being cold over there. Enjoy your time pre-Abby ...your life will never be the same...it will be so much better!

Patty said...

You mean our below normal cold temps in Texas a couple of weeks ago didn't prepare you for the 25 degree weather you are experiencing? :) I am so glad things are going well for you guys and that there is actually "real" food and drinks available!

Still soooo excited for you! Every time I think about it I get chills and of course, teary-eyed! I can't wait to get a hold of Abby girl!

Thanks for keeping us posted. Stay warm and know you three are in my prayers! Big Hug!!!!